Sunday, January 30, 2005

I've moved...

Some of you who have been following the news (Seattle P-I, Q13 Fox News) know that I've moved to a new venue - the IMAX theatre at Pacific Science Center. Simply put, this is a MUCH better situation for me, and a better theatre to boot. Don't get me wrong, I love the Cinerama, but the IMAX format takes it to 11.

When I started this thing, I didn't know that IMAX had a chance of getting Episode III on opening day, but they've been getting a bunch of mainstream releases over the last year on opening day: Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions, the last Harry Potter film, and Polar Express (in 3D) are just a few examples, not to mention that Episode II was released in IMAX. Then I read this little report on TheForce.Net:

EP3: IMAX Episode III Possible

So, I'm putting my couch-loving ass on the line and sending a message to Lucasfilm:

BRING EPISODE 3 TO IMAX ON OPENING DAY


You can check out my new digs here: Seattle Center IMAX

Also, you can read up on what's been happening with me over the last couple of weeks in Susan Paynter's Lifestyle column in the Seattle P-I:


Star Wars fan is a throwback to Seattle's oddball days
The force of the law is against Star Wars squatter


Thanks to everyone who's already written in with support.

Jeff "I fought the law and the law won" Tweiten